Scientist – (Bachelors 0-2)
Job Function: Drug Development (Analytical)
The heart of Clear Scientific's mission is saving lives. We are a biopharmaceutical company pioneering novel therapies for life-threatening and debilitating conditions caused by an excess of harmful substances in the body. The indication of our lead therapeutic is to treat acute methamphetamine intoxication, a public health crisis that results in nearly 800,000 Emergency Department visits in the United States annually. Our goal is to bring the first drug to market for treatment of acute methamphetamine overdose. Our team is also focused on drug discovery and early R&D of novel therapeutics for additional indications, including fentanyl, polysubstance use, and metabolic and neurodegenerative condition-induced CNS dysfunction.
Remove the Cause, Remove the Effect TM
We are a small but driven team with < 20 employees that fosters a collaborative and creative environment. We are currently seeking an exceptional Scientist to support our growing product pipeline. The ideal candidate will be a hands-on problem solver with experience in analytical chemistry. The current position is open to bachelor (+0 to 2 years laboratory experience) chemists or biochemists. We are looking for individuals who are dedicated, passionate, and creative to join our team.
About this Role:
• The qualified candidate will support drug development consistent with our mission by applying a variety of analytical methods to support physical and chemical characterization of small molecule-based therapeutics.
• Working knowledge of analytical methods (e.g., HPLC, IR, GC-MS, NMR, etc.) used to characterize pharmaceutical substances and products and hands-on experience in HPLC method development is highly desired.
• Formulation stability testing; testing to support pharmaceutical development efforts; and direct interaction with project team members, including critical review of data.
• The candidate must be able to interact effectively with a multi-disciplinary team and work in an innovative and intellectually challenging environment.
• Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, the ability to multitask, and effective interpersonal and written communication skills are required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Biochemistry with 0 to 2 years of relevant laboratory work experience (if 0 years work experience, must have relevant co-op or internship experience)
• Working knowledge in analytical methods and/or pharmaceutical formulations testing preferred.
• Experience in problem-solving skills and instrument troubleshooting preferred.
• Good interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
What’s in it For You?
This is a full-time position with a competitive compensation package, excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid holidays, and PTO.
Clear Scientific provides additional benefits including 401K (with company match), employee stock options, paid parental leave, company events, and much more.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org