Scientist: (Bachelors + 2-5 years experience OR Masters + 0-3 years experience)
Job Function: Drug Development (Analytical)
The heart of Clear Scientific's mission is saving lives. We are a biopharmaceutical company pioneering novel therapies for life-threatening and debilitating conditions caused by an excess of harmful substances in the body. The indication of our lead therapeutic is to treat acute methamphetamine intoxication, a public health crisis that results in nearly 800,000 Emergency Department visits in the United States annually. Our goal is to bring the first drug to market for treatment of acute methamphetamine overdose. Our team is also focused on drug discovery and early R&D of novel therapeutics for additional indications, including fentanyl, polysubstance use, and metabolic and neurodegenerative condition-induced CNS dysfunction.
Remove the Cause, Remove the Effect TM
We are a small but driven team with < 20 employees that fosters a collaborative and creative environment. We are currently seeking an exceptional Scientist to support our growing product pipeline. The ideal candidate will be a hands-on problem solver with experience in analytical chemistry. The current position is open to either bachelor (+2 to 5 years laboratory experience) or master-level (+0 to 2 years laboratory experience) chemists or biochemists. We are looking for individuals who are dedicated, passionate, and creative to join our team.
About this Role:
· The qualified candidate will support drug development consistent with our mission through:
o Bioanalytical method development of Drug Substance and novel therapeutics
o Characterization of novel therapeutics
o Drug Product formulation and characterization
· The candidate will perform data analysis, data presentation, and write detailed methods and reports.
· The candidate will interact with a multi-disciplinary team and work in an innovative and intellectually challenging environment.
· As necessary, the candidate will be flexible to support non-analytical activities, such as synthesis and in vitro and in vivo experimental design.
· The position gives opportunity to gain a holistic understanding of the drug development process, FDA requirements, and ICH guidelines.
· Bachelors or Masters degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Biochemistry with 2 to 5 years (Bachelors) or 0-3 years (Masters) of relevant laboratory work experience.
· Working knowledge of analytical and bioanalytical methods (e.g., HPLC, LC-MS/MS, IR, GC-MS, NMR, etc.) used to characterize pharmaceutical substances and products and hands-on experience in LC-MS/MS, GC-MS or HPLC method development is highly desired.
· Experience in problem-solving skills and instrument troubleshooting.
· Independence, attention to detail, strong organizational skills, the ability to multitask, and effective interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
· Ability to manage relationships with CDMOs preferred.
What’s in it For You?
This is a full-time position with a competitive compensation package, excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid holidays, and PTO.
Clear Scientific provides additional benefits including 401K (with company match), employee stock options, paid parental leave, company events, and much more.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org